Monday, June 28, 2010

Old Fashioned Potholder


Love. This. Pattern! This pattern is called "Old Fashioned Potholder" by Cathy Irish, and can be found on Ravelry. I am in a couple of potholder swaps and wanted to find an easy pattern that was quick to make. This is the winner! I can make about 1 a day just crocheting in between the other things I do all day long. The pattern is simple, but the colors make the potholders fun to make! I used Elann Sonata, with Paton's Grace and Takhi Stacy Charles Cotton Classic thrown in sometimes, also. One potholder is made entirely with Red Heart Creme de la Creme yarn, because it is a rougher yarn than the Elann, Grace, and Takhi. Love the colors of the Creme de la Creme, but the potholder isn't quite the quality that I was looking for.

2 comments:

Oiyi said...

I love these! You used wonderful colors.

Doris Sturm said...

Thes potholders are just beautiful...love the color combinations. I think I will go to Ravelry to check these out...I've been addicted to making potholders lately :-)

Instant gratification! ... got to love it :-) Happy week!
Doris