Friday, March 26, 2010

Gehaekelte Tawashi


I was cruising through Ravelry this morning, and some cute Tawashi's caught my eye because they were made so similar (on a smaller scale) to the Gehaekelte Topflappen I just made. This one was a Japanese pattern so I just decided to try to figure it out and think I came fairly close!!

My version, using a G crochet hook and some old Red Heart Acrylic yarn (Ombre color of your choice and white): To begin, using the Ombre color, I just made a magic ring, ch 3, 11 dc into ring, sl st in top of beginning chain, tighten magic ring. Changing to white, ch 3, 1 dc in same st, ch 1, 2 dc in same st, skip one space, *2dc, ch 1, 2dc in next st, skip 1 sp*, follow * to * around. sl st into top of beginning ch. (24 sts) Sl st in next st, sl st into ch 1 sp, ch 3, 7 dc into same ch 1 sp, 8 dc into each remaining ch 1 sp around. (48 sts) Sl st into top of beginning ch 3. Finish off.

Make another side, then matching wrong sides together, with Ombre color, join with sc and go around the tawashi (as in photo), making "petals". Finish by making ch 10, join in beginning ch for loop.

No comments: