Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update & Tiramisu

Here is another photo update on Spiderman-ghan, it's getting HUGE (also nice and warm)! I still need to finish the row I am currently working on, then have about 7 more rows to make it the size of the pattern. I am very pleased so far with the results!

Here is a photo of the next project I have started:

As if I don't already have enough projects started to work on, I started this "Tiramisu Baby Blanket" (free pattern by Alicia Paulson) in a yellow baby sport yarn from Bernat. So far, the stitch is very boring, but I know it makes a lovely blanket! A co-worker who doesn't crochet, but who likes receiving crocheted gifts, (yes, I have been "burned" a couple of times by giving handmade gifts to those who didn't appear to appreciate my handiwork) is supposed to have her baby girl in February sometime. She has picked the "Sadie" pattern from Pottery Barn Kids as her baby room theme. The room's colors are yellow, white and black, with sheep. My plan is to make the main body of the afghan in yellow, the shell border in white, then thread a black ribbon with white dots through the shell border. For my own selfish reason, I really wish she had gone with traditional pink, though. :) There is one finished pink "Tiramisu" that I saw out on Ravelry that is sooooooooo pretty! I may have to make one like it eventually, just to have on hand!! :)

It's back to work for me today! I sure enjoyed the extra two days off!

1 comment:

Oiyi said...

I love that Tiramisu Blanket. I bought the yarn for it when i was pregnant, but haven't gotten to it yet.