Sunday, August 19, 2007

Good News

The last two weeks have been very exciting for my DH. He has been looking for a better job for about a year and a half, with not much results. All at once, he has had three good job offers! He accepted an offer and one offer is "standing" if he decides he doesn't like this one. They gave him a really good starting salary, are giving him a company car, paying the gas, and it is a LOT closer to our house! I am so happy for him! We are hoping to eventually put some of the extra money toward fencing the property and making a few needed home repairs around the place. The house was built by my SIL's father back in 1969, so it needs some updating, etc. We have always felt so incredibly lucky that our SIL wanted to sell it to us!

We have had a long lazy weekend so far, and plan to go see the movie "Stardust" tonight.

I haven't crocheted much this weekend, but I bought this new leaflet for making potholders, and I am thinking of starting a "fat bottom bag" out of the book "The Happy Hooker" by Debbie Stoller.

1 comment:

Cristina Salgueiro said...

I'm very happy for yor DH and for you also. It fells good when our lives go weel:)
I can see that you are going to do the Fat Bottom bag, you are going to like it.