Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rain, rain, go away.........

I can't believe it! My BIL had to go in for ANOTHER surgery tonight at 10:00p.m. The Neurosurgeon is a young guy that only has about 20 surgeries under his belt. (including the THREE on BIL!!) He still didn't sound very sure as to whether THIS surgery will "take", either! Lets hope it works this time!

Crochet related: I was able to crochet one more "Easy Daisy Square" while we were in the waiting room.

In weather related news: we have had so much rain these last couple of days, you wouldn't believe! Take a look! The area that you see up under the trees is normally dry ground and is usually several feet above water. This aerial view is from our back deck.


Below is a better close up, showing that the dock is almost underwater now. It is usually 2 - 3 feet above the water.


Man, oh man! They are forcasting even more rain through Monday! I imagine the water will be up over the dock by the time its all over with.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

*Warning novel* OMG your poor BIL....That makes me just want to go yank him out of that hospital... I grew up in the Sherman area and their hospitals are know for being scary... My Mom once had to take my Dad out despite Drs orders and went to another Dr. My parents were right, then they spent over a year fighting the insurance company(they didn't want to pay since it was against drs orders, never mind it saved them a surgery that the sherman drs wanted to do) What a mess....
I HATE rain at this point. I meant to ask you yesterday if your yard had been taken over yet by the lake... So scary... Hopefully it will stop soon...
Good to hear that you got a little crocheting done... I'm so trying my hardest not to start a new project and get some of my ufos finished. I posted a list on my blog, maybe that will motivate me to do something about it...:)